To begin Gardening you will need to:
There are four types of plants: Fungus, Crops, Flowers, and Trees. Fungus, Crops, and Flowers grow slowly if they’re crowded. Try planting in rows, not clumps. Fungus will not grow above ground.
Crops and Fungus require wet soil and wet soil boosts growth of all plants. There are different ways to water your plants:
- use a Bucket of Water on your fields. It's the most labor intensive way to do it.
- equip the Magic Watercan and walk over your fields.
- Place a Moisture Mill near your field to keep them moist.
- Place the Soil near water (the lake or the stream)(2 to 3 tiles away)
- Use the Birdhouse to keep away birds.
- Use the Guarden Toad to prevent crops from going bad
- Wild roses ward off bugs.
- Use Scarecrow to scare away crows.