When starting the game you begin in a Treehouse, first step you should take is to uncover and talk to the mirror, Cane. Once you have chosen a name for your character and save, you will be asked: "How are you feeling". Your response will determine which Rune you are attuned to. Whichever you choose you will gain +10 points in.
- [Nature Runic] - Like a sapling. - "You are a Nature Witch. +20% XP from all sources. Seeds grow faster and plants grow often larger."
- [Storm Runic] - Electric! - "You are a Storm Witch. +20% increased damage. Chance to Smite attackers. Nearby soil will become wet." (and you learn the spell Summon Cloud)
- [Sun Runic] - Bright and radiant. - "You are a Sun Witch. +50% mining and cutting tool power. +1 Heat Proof. May set Monsters ablaze."
- [Moon Runic] - Glowing... - "You are a Moon Witch. Find more Chimera. Passively glow with a light radius. Moon Monsters won't aggro."
- [Void Runic] - Dark and mysterious. - "You are a Void Witch. +100% base Mana Link power. Slain Monsters often drop Mana and HP globes. Partial Void Sickness immunity. +10% all Runics."
Finally, you will be asked, "what's your favorite color?"
This will determine the hair color your avatar has. Once you have chosen, you cannot change this later.
You can now use the mirror to change your character's appearance. Once you leave the Treehouse you will be unable to change your appearance again.
Before you can exit the Treehouse you need to find three key items scattered throughout the Treehouse.
- Map of The World
- Witchery Dex
The Witchery Dex can be found upstairs. The remain two items are on the first floor of the Treehouse.
Now head to the Treehouse exit where you will be greeted by Coco who will ask you, "What interests you most as a new Witch!?", Whatever you choose you will be given a starting item related to (the others can be crafted or bought later).
- [ Magnifying Glass ] Gathering.
- [ Leafy Wand ] Witchery.
- [ Magic Watercan ] Gardening.
- [ Lucky Stone ] Chimera.
- [ Bug Net ] Fishing.
- [ Magnet ] Mining.
Outside the Treehouse
After leaving the Treehouse you find yourself in an area with many Trees, Plants, some Stones. This area is yours to do with it as you like.
East of your Treehouse is a Save Stone. Don't forget to save your game! It won't save on its own, not even when you go to bed.
When you walk over the bridge to leave the Treehouse area, Ruby will come to you. She will help you to get started. For this, she sends you letters to your Letterbox, with tasks that will reward you with some XP.
You can tell when you have a new letter by a large bird sitting on top of the Letterbox.
Now you are free to roam around the Chimera Kingdom (only limited if you are still an Alpha Witch).
There are many things you can do in Serin Fate, some of them are:
In the Treehouse the drawers between the Skull and the clock contain three Apples and 14 Copper Coin.
If you have hastily closed the Window with the short tutorial you can access it via the controller icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. Note that there are arrows for more info then just move with: WASD! Short reminder: Use items from your hotbar with SPACE, press Shift to sprint, choose spells by clicking on the bar left of your hotbar. Other than that... 'E' for everything.
- I - inventory
- K - key items
- M - map
- N - notebook
- O - options
- P - perk tree
Don't forget to save at save stones.
Always uncover and activate Obelisks, either by interacting (E) or by charging with mana-link. These may increase your max Mana and you learn new Spells, or give permanent "buffs" for your .